Friday, September 02, 2005

And so it begins...

Howdy. Welcome to the online account of our trip to Tanzania. Our story begins on Tuesday, June 08, 2004, at approximately 2:49 PM, when I receive an email from Mira Patel that says: "...I'd like to try Kilimanjaro next year... let me know if you are interested...". Four days later I reply: "I'm into it". Since then, we did some planning, booked some flights, a climb, recruited Tibi Doman, booked a safari, yada yada yada... you know how it is... next thing you know it is the day before our flight to Tanzania, Africa.

Here is the plan:
1. Go on a safari (I would really like to try to ride a giraffe if they will let me)
2. Make an attempt on Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa (I would consider this the main event of the trip)
3. Go to the island of Zanzibar for some relaxation.

Here is our team (we all live in the Seattle area these days):
1. Mira Patel: Team lead. I have also appointed her chief photographer :) Originally from Brampton, Ontario
2. Tibi Doman: Paddles on Mira's dragonboat team. Mira and I think he has high enterntainment value for this trip. In addition, he is in charge of carrying me down mountain when I pass out.
3. Yours truly, originally from Cornwall, Ontario (nice).

So, this is our trip, in search of a little adventure. If you don't have much to do in the next 2 weeks, come for the ride with us :) We're not sure how often we will post (even if we do, will anyone read?), but we will do what we can.

Ok, first order of business: a 30+ hour trip to Moshi, Tanzania.

You all have a good one,
shawn

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Bartek Kunowski said...

Looks like it`s gonna be a hell of a trip. Im jealous ;)

Safe travels!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn Shawn! good luck! ( hope you borrowed my hat and you wear it in every picture)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Shawn Martelock said...

oh, man, I just read my own post. haha, I'm an idiot... someone take the keyboard away from me :) She doesn't know it quite yet, but I've now appointed Mira as the team's Blogger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home